Monday, December 1, 2008

Here's What's Hot

You can't spend time in London without taking notice of the incredible talent that radiates from the area. British artists from virtually every genre are a force to be reckoned with. I will use this space to share with you some of my favorites. Check them out, and if their albums have not been released in your country yet, find them on MySpace, Facebook, or iTunes:


-Lily Allen (seen on the left): This feisty (or as the British would say "cheeky") Brit may only be 23 years old, but she definitely has a lot to say. Pay particular attention to her songs entitled "Smile," "Friend of Mine," "Littlest Things," "LDN," and "Knock 'Em Out." On second thought, just listen to the whole album.

-Nerina Pallot: This huge talent has not released an album in the US but she is a rising star in the UK. I became a mega-fan with the release of the first single off the album "Fires" - "Everybody's Gone to War." This tune is pretty thought provoking and deep considering the light tone of the music itself but her voice is amazing.

-Kate Nash: I would liken this singer to a Lily Allen sort, but she has her own vibe going on. If you listen closely to the lyrics of her songs you can tell that she doesn't take herself too seriously, and I like that. The titles of a few of her songs tell you as much: "Pumpkin Soup," "Mouthwash," and "Merry Happy."

-Corinne Bailey Rae: We haven't heard much from her in the way of new material lately, but if her hit singles "Like a Star" and "Put Your Records On" are any indication, she'll be back on the scene with a vengeance.

-Leona Lewis: I can't complete a roundup of the hottest British stars of the momentwithout mentioning Leona. She is blazing up the charts in the UK and US with "Bleeding Love" and "Better in Time" and has made quite a name for herself as of late. I think I speak for everyone when I say that I look forward to hearing more of her.

-Natasha Bedingfield: As an update, I can't believe I forgot to mention Natasha. Her raspy voice and tunes, which are sometimes just catchy and other times quite meaningful, are only a few of the reasons to watch her. She also happens to be an amazing performer live and I have never seen her out in public embarassing herself like celebrities often do.

I'm not sure of all the dates these chicks are coming to a town near you, but here are a few things I have found:

Leona Lewis Tickets

Lily Allen Appearance

Natasha Bedingfield Tickets


I found these tickets at a great site called VIP Tickets, so check back there every so often for tickets to shows that may have sold out elsewhere.

No comments: